The licensed practical nurse provides nursing care and teaching to clients and families. She also functions as an assistant to the physician and registered professional nurse, and is supervised by the RN.
- Graduate of an approved program of practical nursing
- Licensed as a licensed graduate practical nurse in the state where practicing
- One (1) year of experience as a nurse, preferably in home care at the level of care as required
- Participates in the planning and coordination of total client care in conjunction with the RN and the physician’s plan of treatment
- Follows the nursing care plan for each assigned client
- Observes the client; evaluates the care of the client; applies her knowledge of nursing skills to the clients to whom she is assigned
- Accurately reports and records the client’s condition and care, including signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change
- Prepares clinical/progress notes on the day of the visit and incorporates same in the clinical record weekly. Prepares summaries in cooperation with the RN supervisor.
- Assists the client with the activities of daily living while teaching appropriate self-care techniques
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the client
- Provides optimum physical and emotional environment
- Assists the physician and registered nurse in complex nursing situations
- Participates in case conference, in-service, and other programs and meetings as needed
- Performs within limits of preparation and experience
- Perform treatments as assigned per physician’s plan of care. An LPN may perform only those treatments for which they are qualified by training and experience to perform.
- Other duties as assigned
[button type=”radius round” size=”large” color=”blue” nice=”true” text=”Apply” url=”http://nurturingnurseshc.com/basic-employment-app”]